For the serious runner or workout enthusiast, finding the best treadmill under 1500 dollars can be quite a challenge! Luckily I have done the research for you by virtue of having used so many different treadmills due to my work as a personal trainer. Are you ready for an upfront honest opinion from an avid runner/ personal trainer on the best treadmills under 1500 dollars?
In the crazy and sometimes over hyped world of treadmills, the focus in recent years has been on jamming out the cheapest treadmills as fast as possible to try to sell a large volume. The thinking is that most people will not run on the treadmill enough to figure out it is a cheap piece of junk that will break after moderate use! Thankfully, the 1500 dollar range affords you the opportunity to get a high quality machine that is built to last with tons of features that will aid you in your fitness quest.
*** Do not get scammed by store clerks and pushy sales people at the big box stores! ***
Buying a treadmill at a local store can seem like a good idea, until you weigh the pro’s and con’s. The sales people can be overly aggressive, but the worst part is that it is so difficult to lift and drag into your house that it can be a real pain! This is why I recommend to all my clients to order their treadmill from amazon.com unless there is some super incredible deal at a local retailer.
It will be cheaper!
It will ship directly to your house free of charge!
The nice delivery men will carry it into your house for you!
Trying to lug a treadmill in by yourself can be literally backbreaking!
Fortunately for you, I have instead but together this guide to the finding the best treadmill under 1500$ for running, walking or whatever your intentions are!
Just follow this easy little guide and look at the top models reviewed by myself and other personal trainers in the thousand dollar price range. In making this list, here is the criteria I used as a personal trainer to make my evaluations.
Personal experience with the treadmill, or a trusted colleague
Durability for running
Value for the money
Just make sure you know what you are going to want out of a treadmill, what your personal goals are and what your running style is like can make a huge difference in your treadmill selection. Also the amount of available space you have, the frequency you plan to use the treadmill and your own personal preference will all factor into selecting the best treadmill under 1500 dollars.
So with that super long winded introduction, here are the best treadmills under $1500! I hope you enjoy this guide and check out the reviews on some of these to see what others have to say before making your final decision.
2. Smooth Fitness 7.35 Folding Treadmill
First on our list of the best treadmills under 1500 is the Smooth Fitness 7.35 Folding Treadmill. This baby rocks! I purchased three of these when I opened my second personal training gym and never looked back. Everything about this treadmill screams quality and my clients do not know they are running on a machine that is under 1500!
The smooth, quiet belt is lengthy and durable and provides an excellent cushioned running surface even for long distances. Some of the reasons why I decided to go with this model for my clients (besides the price tag) were the features:
- Separate pedestal and a one-piece, 62-inch deck can handle aggressive running and walking
- 3.5-horsepower commercial grade motor; 20 by 62-inch running/walking surface
- Features a sound system with speakers and iPod docking station
- 20 fitness programs including a manual program, preset programs, and heart-rate control
- 350-pound maximum user weight; 0-15 incline levels; 0.5 to 11.3 miles per hour range
- Assembled dimensions: 80 by 33 by 56 inches (L x W x H)
- Folded dimensions: 44 by 33 by 56 inches (L x W x H)
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 7-year warranty on parts and electronics, 2-year service warranty
- Water bottle holder and wireless heart rate monitor included
All in all Smooth Fitness has been very impressive and I highly recommend this model to anyone searching for the best treadmill under $1500!
2. Sole F80 Treadmill.
I am a big fan of Sole, having owned upwards of 5 Sole treadmills in my time. Sole really puts quality first when constructing their machines and the F80 is no exception. For a treadmill priced under 1500, this model is one of the best. Originally retailing for around 2000 dollars, Amazon sells this treadmill for around half price making it even more of a bargain.
This treadmill has some pretty amazing features as well and the LCD screen is a really nice touch.
- Folding treadmill with 3.0-horsepower continuous-duty motor
- Vibrant 7.5-inch LCD display with integrated speakers and audio cable
- 6 standard workouts, 2 custom workouts, and 2 HR-controlled workouts
- Easy Assist folding deck design; Cushion Flex shock-absorption system
- 350-pound capacity; measures 33 x 80 inches (W x D); weighs 250 pounds
The Sole F80 treadmill is by far one of the highest-quality treadmills in this price range, with an unbeatable combination of durable, long lasting components combined with unparalleled user-friendliness. This is a powerful, touch machine and an absolute joy to run on.
The bed is also nice and long so runners with long legs will have no problem reaching full stride (a definite plus for me) :)!
3. Lifespan TR1200-DT Treadmill Desk.
You didn’t think I would leave out this amazing treadmill did you? By virtue of the fact I am typing this post from the Lifespan TR1200 in my office I had to include it! For those of you that work at home this is a must have.
I get to keep my blood pumping while I blog or pay my bills online! If you don’t know how you can fit in the time to work out, this treadmill allows you to kill multiple birds with one stone and its high quality, sturdy design allows you to feel confident it isn’t going to break and take you and your laptop down with it!
If you do not plan to do a lot of running or want to get work done from home during your workout, get the Lifespan desk model and thank me later!
Live. Love. Run
People came here looking for:
- best treadmill under 1500
- best treadmill under $1500
- best treadmills under 2000 dollars
- BEST TREADMILLS UNDER 1500 00
- treadmills reviews 2014 for less tban $1500
- treadmill under 1500
- FOLDING TREADMILLS UNDER 1500 00
- best treadmills under 1500 dollars
- best home treadmills 2014 under $1500
- best treadmill for under 1500